Location: Morristown, NJ
USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER / INFORMATION ARCHITECT / PRODUCT VISIONARY
We are a young, energetic web marketing & internet advertising agency in Morristown, NJ seeking a mid-level candidates for the role of Business Analyst. Founded in 2008, our interactive agency has grown rapidly over the past 3 years, working with highly recognized, brand-name clients in a wide swath of industries delivering a breadth of digital products & services--from brand identity executions, user experience designs, website and mobile application development, to interactive social media campaigns, and much more. Our team is small and self-reliant, our clients are big and aspirational, and our office is a stylish & fun place to have a second home.
* Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, user stories, test cases, business analyses, task and workflow analysis.
* Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
* Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: (Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), iii. Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs)
*Leverage past experience with requirements definition and management systems and methodologies to define internal practices and procedures
* Create information architecture, consisting of workflows, sitemaps, and wireframes as a blueprint for web site structures and interaction design
* Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
* Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
* Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
* Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
* Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
* Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
* Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
* Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
* Familiarity with Axure, Visio, OmniGraffle or other similar information architecture tools requireda
* Strong undergraduate track-record demonstrating critical thinking, problem solving, and leadership ability.
* Bachelor's Degree in relevant field preferred.
* 5+ years experience in website design, e-commerce, or other client-facing, service-related technology industries.
* Experience with web analytics, web support, data tagging, and site measurement tools is helpful.
* Ability to work using own initiative and without close supervision
* Ability to work pro-actively on a number of tasks while effectively managing deadlines for multiple stakeholders.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including very good presentation skills
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels, with both internal and external parties
* Individual must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sentient is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its recruitment practices. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and are dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of potential and existing employees, candidates and clients regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download this job in XML format.