Location: Rockville, MD
TerpSys is a leading IT and Internet business solutions provider based in the Washington DC area. Blending today’s technology with outstanding customer service, TerpSys offers clients innovative, individually-crafted IT and web solutions to meet their unique needs. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture. Our culture drives our business. We challenge and offer our staff engaging work, continued learning opportunities, and fun team building activities and company events. We serve our communities through active company participation in volunteer-based initiatives. In turn, we consistently delight our customers and deliver on their high expectations.
In short, TerpSys is an innovative IT solutions provider, a respected community leader, and an all-around great place to work.
TerpSys is seeking a creative and analytical thinker to join our Web Solutions team as a Senior Information Architect. The ideal candidate will have a web strategist’s eye for designing sites that transform visitors to members. In this role the Senior Information Architect will work as a member of a talented team designing sites for association, non-profit, government and commercial customers. The successful candidate will apply application user-centered design best practices to develop intuitive and engaging web solutions that engage audiences and help our customers’ achieve their goals.
• Research and define users goals, business needs and user experience best practices through one-on-one interviews, external and onsite surveys, card sorting, and competitive analysis
• Define solution, functional scope, interaction flow, and content structure
• Develop information architectures (site map, taxonomies, content structures) and interaction designs (wireframes, prototypes) to support site strategies and functional requirements
• Define taxonomy driven web site architectures
• Work across content management architectures
• Contribute to the creation of interface designs that are intuitive, aesthetically pleasing, and technically feasible
• Work collaboratively with graphic designers and software developers.
• Plan and conduct usability evaluations, expert reviews, heuristic evaluations, and participant testing (in-person and remote)
• Analyze, summarize, and communicate results of usability evaluations to clients and other members of the development team
• Facilitate customer meetings throughout discovery and structure phases
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree (Candidates without a Bachelor’s Degree must possess 11+ years of professional IT experience with a minimum of 7 years of professional experience in information architecture)
• 7+ years of experience in information architecture and web strategy
• Demonstrated experience with the following IA techniques: user interviews, user surveys, site mapping, content structuring, and wireframe development
• Knowledge of web development and design processes, including knowledge of social media solutions, database driven web sites, content management systems and AMS/CRM Solutions
• Ability to successfully contribute expertise in a team-based culture
• Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project environment, and maintain efficiency and positive attitude in the face of challenging and competing deadlines
• Highly organized, great attention to detail and ‘hands on’ work style
Desired Experience/ Qualifications/Certifications:
• Master's Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Information Design, Industrial Design, or related discipline
• Experience working with associations and non-profits to successfully design sites to build online community
• Knowledge of designing solutions with any of the following systems: Drupal, Ektron, SharePoint
• Interest in thought leadership and sharing knowledge through sponsored speaking and publishing opportunities
• Experience conducting research via methods such as Competitive Analysis and Card Sorting
TerpSys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download this job in XML format.