Location: NYC or Dulles, VA
Games.com is a high-energy team focused on improving the games space, for our users, developers, advertisers and publishers. Working at Games.com you will find creative people who are passionate about all things games, constantly changing technologies, and having fun.
Join our Dulles, VA and New York, NY teams to work in these three key areas making Games.com the leader in gameplay, monetization and distribution.
About the position:
Games.com is building a comprehensive, industry-leading platform and new front-end tablet/mobile/web/TV site. We are looking for a Designer to lead design on the Games.com site, partner sites and our platform backend. This person will be responsible for the design, definition, user-flow, user-interface and overall user-experience of all portions of the Games.com business.
You are passionate about the games/platform space and want to build out the games product that will power games distribution across AOL properties,Ad.com Partners and the web.
All Designers have a passion and detailed understanding for how interactive experiences should look, feel and function on the web. This position will work collaboratively with business, technical, and editorial stakeholders to support execution and delivery of solutions that balance user needs with business goals and technology capabilities.
You are comfortable with a role that is both client-facing and internal-facing. You must have a vision for the future of games platforms so we can continue to innovate and stay on the cutting edge. In this role, you will do everything from brainstorming features to customer/competitor research to wireframing to developing specifications to working closely with developers. Given the varying types of people you will work with, whether technical or not, the ability to communicate effectively be it in person, in writing, or over the phone is essential.
You are someone with passion and obsession for building world-class web products and experiences, and know how to translate these qualities into winning Internet products and services.
• Develop new products to drive revenue, traffic and engagement growth
• Understand and analyze user needs
• Work with both product and engineering teams to define new products and features
• Build experience maps that outline all levels of an experience
• Lead brainstorming sessions and annotate all functional requirements for development
• Document use cases, user flows, experience maps, prototypes and storyboards to effectively communicate concepts
• Develop detailed wireframes that incorporate all technical, editorial, and usability specifications of the project
• Participate in user research and usability testing when needed or appropriate
• Assess and categorize all existing and proposed content.
Typical CS deliverables include:
Research: audits, gap analysis, competitive assessments, user and stakeholder interviews, etc.
Publishing Strategy: vision, mobile, social, search, tone / voice, monetization, etc.
Structure: navigation, taxonomy, metadata schema, ontology, etc. Implementation: publishing workflows, content requirements, migration plans, governance, etc.
Optimization: content ROI analysis, keyword ranking analysis, etc.
Gather requirements to analyze user needs
Be an advocate for the end-user
• Web product experience
• A portfolio of user process flows, experience maps, IA and wireframes
• Passionate about latest trends in interactive experiences across a variety of mediums with a strong desire for innovation
• Ability to ask appropriate questions and communicate effectively and persuasively to convey solutions both internally and to the client
• Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, written, problem solving, oral and diagrammatic communication skills
• Self-motivated and self-managing and able to work independently
• Comfortable working with tight deadlines and multiple projects in parallel
• Agency experience is a plus
• Strong passion for the games industry
• Proven track record for product delivery, able to fit in well within an informal startup environment
• Solid understanding of customer needs, business goals and competitive pressures and the ability to convert those into product requirements and priorities
• Interest in working on problems that don't have an obvious solution
• Entrepreneurial drive and a demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; superior organizational and analytical skills
• Ability to synthesize customer research, client feedback and internal recommendations into actionable product development plans
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-tech, rapidly growing and exciting environment
• Ability to maintain own work flow and meet deadlines
• Versed in creating an elegant and seamless user experience across on demand/streaming/transaction products
email resume and portfolio to MLLausten@aol.com
Download this job in XML format.