The Director of UX must balance considerations of users’ needs, technical constraints, and business objectives, while working in a fast-paced collaborative environment. As the UX leader for the company the UX Director must be a self-starter with a proven track record of managing complex projects, including developing consensus among a passionate cross-functional team while keeping his/her ego in check when evaluating others ideas or reviewing data on designs. They must be comfortable working in an environment where UX is measured and not just subject to opinion.
- Lead the customer-centric vision, strategy, and execution of the user experience design
- Manage a small team of UX staff including contractors
- Create wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and detailed specs to guide development
- Ensure that any house style and related UI patterns are documented and up to date
- Conduct regular design reviews ensuring design quality
- Ensure the team has the necessary user data to facilitate efficient decision making and to minimize risk
- Work with product management to refine & prioritize new user stories
- Work with engineering to scope new functionality as well as to prioritize UX-related bugs
- Establish, collect & report objective metrics for UX that inform the overall business strategy
- Collaborate with customers as part of sales, marketing, design, & support activities
- Seven or more years working in a UX role in a product or internet company doing interaction design
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field; graduate level degree in design, HCI, or a related field preferred
- Established track record leading interdisciplinary UX teams including managing staff and contractors
- History of success working across organizational boundaries to launch sites or ship products
- Strong understanding of user research methods including hands on experience conducting studies
- Knowledge of design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Visio, OmniGraffle, Axure, etc,
- Familiarity with web analytics and related user research tools such as Google Analytics, Usertesting.com, etc.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the US
Download this job in XML format.