Location: DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY
Wireless Generation creates innovative tools, systems and services that help educators teach with excellence. With its solutions, educators can easily apply research-based, proven practices such as frequent progress monitoring and needs diagnosis, data-informed decision-making, differentiated instruction, and professional collaborations across classrooms, grades, and schools. The company has helped educators address and solve some of the most pressing challenges in teaching and learning. Wireless Generation currently serves more than 200,000 educators and three million students.
Director of User Experience
Wireless Generation is seeking a Director of User Experience to develop, guide, and implement user experience requirements for a ground-breaking K-12 digital curriculum product. The Director of User Experience will manage and lead a growing team of User Experience Designers, Design Researchers, and Usability Testing Coordinators, and direct all user experience efforts including the development of information architecture and user interaction design, usability research activities, and the creation of UX documentation in the form of wireframes, comps, prototypes, and functional specifications.
Responsibilities of Director of User Experience:
* Work with a team of curriculum innovators, internal stakeholders, and software product development teams to guide the curriculum product from idea to conception and launch, ensuring fidelity to the product vision and quality of final product.
* Direct all aspects of user experience from research and concept through documentation and testing.
* Direct and manage a team of user experience designers and architects
* Recommend and apply user experience approaches based upon the latest interactive trends and best practices in the industry.
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
* 8+ years experience developing interactive products as an Information Architect, Interaction Designer, Product Designer or User Experience Designer
* Experience in defining User Experience processes, with a focus on Agile and/or Lean UX methodologies
* Experience managing and mentoring a team of user experience and design professionals
* Proven proactive and creative problem solver with an intellectual interest in current and new technologies and techniques
* Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology K-12 education experience
* Experience within a software development environment
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent organizational Skills; creativity and objective-oriented focus
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds
Wireless Generation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download this job in XML format.