Location: Washington DC Metro Area
Read the full posting here: http://www.beaconfire.com/uxia-consultant
The UX Lead at Beaconfire
>> synthesizes innovative yet practical solutions by combining our clients' requirements with user-centered best practices.
>> conducts user research; creates personas and user scenarios; facilitates client workshops; develops sitemaps and content structures; diagrams navigation flows; creates wireframes; and documents business and functional requirements.
>> works closely with the Project Manager, Creative Director and Tech Lead, drawing on their input to articulate the user experience and ensure the site meets the client's accessibility and usability goals.
* Provides expertise and best practice recommendations for user-focused websites and user experience
* Conducts user research, user and stakeholder interviews, focus groups, and usability testing
* Facilitates client workshops and discussions on site architecture, user flows, and overall user experience
* Creates requirements documentation including site architectures, user flows, personas, content inventories, taxonomy structures and wireframes showing interface behavior and content rules
* Writes quality assurance test plans and leads QA during the development phase of the project
* Educates staff and clients on matters related to user-centered design
* At least 3 years experience creating user experience documentation and/or requirements documentation for Web projects
* Knowledge of Web interface trends (including content management systems and/or mobile platforms) and the ability to apply that knowledge to meet customer needs
* Strong knowledge of user-centered design, user analysis techniques, and web usability best practices
* Knowledge of research and evaluation techniques such as card sorting, heuristic review, usability testing, and Web analytics analysis
* Experience with one or more diagramming tools (e.g., Axure / Visio / Balsamic)
* Strong written and verbal communications
* Strong interpersonal communications with teams and clients
* Nonprofit experience and/or Consulting experience is not required, but is a big plus
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
* Is analytical and creative
* Has excellent organizational skills
* Is able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks effectively
* Has a proven ability to complete tasks on tight schedules and without errors
Beaconfire helps nonprofit organizations that serve good causes accomplish great things on the Internet. We design and build websites and craft online campaigns that make people care - and act.
Our clients include leading organizations such as the Wildlife Conservation Society, Feeding America, Ocean Conservancy, American Legacy Foundation and the Ad Council.
Beaconfire is a small, privately-held company made up of smart, curious, and creative people who want to serve the nonprofit community and live fulfilled personal lives while we do it. We are technologists, strategists, and marketers who like to collaborate, innovate, and help our clients achieve measurable results through informed, objective, innovative uses of technology. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a culture focused on work-life balance. And, if you ask our staff what they like best about working at Beaconfire, they'll tell you it's the smart, fun and nice PEOPLE! Go ahead, ask...
Beaconfire offers a competitive salary plus excellent benefits: health, dental and vision; 401k w/ match; professional development budget, work/life balance; profit sharing; bonus plan; casual work environment; monthly events; and more. Most importantly, Beaconfire offers you the opportunity to work with some of the leading nonprofit organizations in the country; you WILL be making a difference!
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Download this job in XML format.