Location: Washington, D.C.
Job Opening: User Experience Design Director
Location: Washington, DC
AKQA is an independent, ideas-led agency that works with clients including Audi, Coca-Cola, Heineken, Nike, Target, Unilever and Visa. A recognized pioneer and innovator, AKQA collected more than 100 major awards in the last year. AKQA was named in 2012 Agency of the Year from Campaign and has won the title for a total of 18 times on both sides of the Atlantic. Our global staff of almost 1500 people is located in eleven offices including San Francisco, New York, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Portland, London, Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin, Shanghai and Tokyo.
Reports to: Creative Director / Group Creative Director
• A stellar portfolio showcasing digital platform products (mobile / tablet apps, eCommerce site builds)
• A minimum of 10 years' experience in user experience, information architecture, or interaction design
• A solid academic background in human-computer interaction or related field. Advanced degrees are preferred
• Strong point of view and creative ideas, and the ability to promote conceptual thinking throughout the team
• Mastery of the user experience discipline and expert user experience skills
• Industry recognition for thought leadership and dynamic presentation skills
• Proficiency with Omnigraffle, Fireworks, InDesign, Illustrator, and Excel
Responsibilities and Expectations
Direct. Drives the effort to implement solutions across multiple projects and oversees planning, concept development, and design.
Creative craft skills. Works in a hands-on capacity internally and with the client in helping to develop strategy and vision, conceptual models, personas, scenarios, wireframes, and UI documentation.
Idea generation. Develops and helps to evolve the user experience capabilities and approach, including user experience tools, processes, best practices, and key deliverables.
Leadership. Leads the practice of user experience at AKQA, including building the User Experience team. Evangelizes and represents AKQA externally through various leadership opportunities, conferences, and speaking and writing engagements.
Mentoring. Assists and guides other User Experience Designers in their professional development, fostering innovation within the User Experience team.
Download this job in XML format.