Location: San Francisco
The Sr. Interaction Designer must balance considerations of users' needs, technical constraints, and business objectives while working on a fast-paced and collaborative team. The ideal candidate is just as comfortable talking about use cases as conversion rates or widget behaviors. This candidate will also have a working knowledge of JQuery and CSS, to extend our prototyping capabilities.
This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, and a great sense of customer empathy.
- Working from user scenarios, define UI concepts, and then guide development through the details
- Improve existing functionality based on user research, working iteratively with the team
- Collaborate with visual designers and corporate marketing to integrate visual and behavioral elements
- Lead the design process on projects, drive decisions, create schedules, and track UX outcomes
- Deliver UI prototypes, mockups, and detailed design specifications to communicate designs
- Lead teams in conducting design reviews and assist with user research activities
- Mentor junior staff and non-designers in all aspects of user experience and design
- Minimum bachelors degree in HCI, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology or related field; Alternatively Architecture or other Design fields; graduate degree in relevant discipline is highly desired
- 5+ years of experience designing web sites, ideally working in a UX team or agency environment
- Expert knowledge of UI design conventions and current best practices in the field of UX
- Expert knowledge of interaction design and overall user experience methodologies
- Must have strong time & project management skills, capable of working in an Agile environment
- Expert knowledge of tools such as Adobe CS, Omnigraffle, Axure, Balsamiq
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and Ajax technology
- Familiarity with user testing, and site analytics (hands on user research experience preferred)
- Proven track record of designing experiences that delight users and increase revenue
- Proof of eligibility to work in the US
About the Team:
You'll join a product team that thrives on creativity, innovation and problem-solving. You'll get to influence all aspects of our product, from VC-caliber business cases to the design of a drop-down menu. Our singular focus is on our customers and how they want to work, every step of the way – and you'll be right there paving that road for them. You've got a killer sense of humor, love working closely together as a team and can bring your A-game at the end of the year during our annual holiday decorating competition!
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download this job in XML format.