Location: Dallas, Texas
User Experience Architect (Information Architect) – Full Time Contract
Texas Instruments, a world-wide leader in semiconductor products and solutions, is looking for a senior level user experience architect (information architect) to join our Internet Marketing Services team in Dallas, Texas. The ideal candidate would have the skills necessary to guide the user experience of rich Internet applications and websites through the various stages of development, including user interface strategy, requirements gathering, user research, site map creation, wireframing, prototyping and usability testing.
As a user experience architect, you should have experience in solving user-centered design problems along with managing business expectations, back-end technology, project timelines and delivery dates. Involvement in usability testing, either as a moderator or observer, is a plus.
As an Internet Marketing team member with Texas Instruments, you will be working on a variety of innovative projects, with opportunities to either work with a team of user experience architects or fly solo on multiple projects. Along with producing project deliverables, you will be involved in guiding Texas Instrument's Internet strategy in such leading areas as mobile devices, social media, search engine marketing, email marketing, ecommerce, globalization and personalization.
- Create the information architecture and guide the user interface design for Texas Instruments projects
- Create user experience architecture deliverables including user personae, site maps, storyboards, page schematics/wireframes, content inventories, working prototypes, navigation labels and web-friendly error and help messaging
- Focus on both online and offline browser-based applications
- Design the user interface experience for international as well as domestic (North American) websites
- Work closely with a team of User Interface Designers (Visual Designers), Business Analysts, Code Developers, Project Managers and Business Representatives to develop the strategy and user interface experience for a wide variety of projects
- Moderate and observe usability tests, as well as perform analysis and present the findings and recommendations to various teams
- Collaborate with the User Interface Designer to deliver the visual design for projects. You are not required to create the visual design. You are responsible, as a producer, to manage the delivery of the visual design and provide any assistance necessary to the User Interface Designer
- Drive strategic user experience initiatives in areas such as social media, mobile devices, search, email, ecommerce, globalization and personalization
- Minimum 5 to 7 years experience in information architecture for the World Wide Web
- A well-rounded portfolio of page schematics/wireframes, site maps, content inventories, prototypes and various navigation systems
- Ability to communicate business strategy and branding issues, and to balance these with user goals, technology limits and budgetary boundaries
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, as well as communicate persuasively and resolve issues effectively
- General knowledge of technical issues involved with web development and page design
- Training in writing for the web
- Background in graphic design, human factors, or usability engineering
- Familiarity with engineering or the semi-conductor industry
The Dallas office is at the center of operations for Texas Instruments, a multi-national corporation. The user experience team is a dynamic group of individuals that work within the Internet Marketing department, and helps drive the strategic direction of projects and website development that keep TI on the forefront of innovation. To learn more about TI and our businesses please visit the About TI section of our website at www.ti.com/aboutti.
All submissions will be carefully reviewed, and we will contact you if it is determined that your skills and experience are a good fit for our job requirements. Thank you for your interest in Texas Instruments!
Send email to email@example.com
Download this job in XML format.