Location: Atlanta, GA
Macquarium, an Atlanta-based Experience Strategy and Design firm, is seeking a Senior Manager, Experience Design to join our team of talented consultants. This position demands a broad set of skills and experience and has wide-ranging responsibilities. We are looking for someone who is passionate about solving problems through design, someone who has driven strategy for Fortune 1,000 companies, and has helped take a brand and extend it online (web, mobile, social), as well as omni/multi-channel initiatives. A multidisciplinary background is needed, and expertise in Customer Experience, Service Design, Digital Marketing, Experience/Interaction Design, and Industrial Design is ideal.
This is an opportunity to drive strategy and influence strategic client initiatives and help shape projects from the concepting stage through to delivery/implementation. The Senior Manager, Experience Design works closely with Macquarium leadership to identify and champion appropriate deliverable and work standards that assure the best possible outcome for every engagement.
• Deep consulting and client relationship expertise
• Experience consulting on eCommerce, enterprise-class applications, mobile, tablet, and in-store experiences
• Experience consulting with Fortune 1,000 companies
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Deep expertise in Customer Experience, Service Design, Digital Marketing, Experience/Interaction Design and Industrial Design, and ideally exposure to more than just the digital space in the past
• Problem solving, resourcefulness, and forward thinking in strategic and design aspects of Experience Design
• Willingness to exercise multiple skill sets and wear multiple hats; ability to transition easily from experience strategy to tactical design
• Proficiency in developing highly-detailed deliverables, including but not limited to: customer journey maps, wireframes, site maps, process flows, personas, and scenarios
• Driven self-starter able to work individually and collaborate with other team members
• Expertise with tools of the trade, e.g., OmniGraffle, Visio, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Team leadership and management experience
• Genuine passion and excitement for all design, for experience design in particular, and for communicating that passion to others
• Ability to travel to client sites as needed
Ideal Candidate Profile:
• Strategic, big picture thinker but also able to execute work as well
• Ability to solve business problems for clients in the Consumer Product Goods (CPG), Financial, Retail and Healthcare spaces
• Quick to respond to client issues and needs. Approach should be "what's the business problem and how can we solve it" as opposed to "here's our methodology that you need to implement"
• Client-facing consultant that understands "the pitch" and can help sales people close business, as well as lead workshop sessions
• Empathy and the ability to describe an approach from the client's perspective
• Someone who has worked their way from production-level work into more strategic work and ultimately into concepting and ideating
• Strong listening skills
• Someone who can bring energy and passion to client meetings
• Sense of humor
Education and Background Required:
• BS or BA degree in recognized field
• Masters in Information Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Information Science, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field—or equivalent experience
• 10+ years in Information Architecture / User Experience Architecture role
• Consultancy or agency experience
Send resume to email@example.com.
Download this job in XML format.