Location: San Francisco, CA
A little bit about us…
VerticalResponse helps companies market their products and services with award winning Email and Social Media Marketing Tools. Our product design team thrives on creativity, innovation, and solving difficult UI challenges in ways that are intuitive, compelling and delightful. Our goal is to invent the future of digital media marketing and bring best of breed products to market!
Vertical Response has been consistently recognized as a one of the best places to work in the bay area (San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal). We pride ourselves on maintaining a fun, diverse and open work environment where employees all share a common mission: To help small businesses and non-profit customers succeed.
Our goal is to invent the future of digital media marketing and bring best of breed products to market!
Some key things about you…
- First and foremost… your approach and point of view is human-centered and your passion is product design excellence!
- You're a designer at your core, and you see bringing products to market as an important part of your design passion.
- You're insights-driven and great at spotting opportunities for innovation within constraints; you're a champion for the impact of design.
- You're at home with complex problem solving and have a proven ability to bring calm, order and elegance to complex experiences.
- You're a confident and flexible design thinker, your sweet spot is the intersection of design and technology.
- You're an outstanding team player with excellent communication and time-management skills. You take feedback well and are comfortable in a collaborative and iterative work environment.
- You're agile; you can nurture a cohesive product vision and finesse visual designs at vector and pixel level.
- Framing the problem space, from a widget to a page to an entire app. As the visual thinker on a multidisciplinary team you will drive the establishment of a conceptual model and design brief for each engagement.
- Diagram and analyze existing task flows, generate alternatives and quickly establish "Idealized Task Flows".
- Generate alternative UI Designs in sketch and wireframe format. Clearly communicate the pros and cons of each alternative, then drive towards a singular vision. These design alternatives will include all aspects of the user interface (task flow, screen layout, visual design/CSS details).
- Deliver UI mockups, prototypes and detailed design specifications to communicate the look and feel of your designs. Be the visual thinker, on a multidisciplinary team, that helps turn words and discussion into conceptual model and solutions.
- Work closely with engineering to implement designs. Be flexible and able to generate alternatives, in the face of engineering challenges, while maintaining the design intent.
- Lead teams in conducting heuristic design reviews and assist with user research activities.
- A great portfolio! - one that illustrates your capabilities as a User Interface Designer. Portfolio pieces should include how you framed the problem space, generated a range of alternatives, and arrived at the best solution. Proven track record of designing experiences that delight users.
- Comprehensive understanding of UI design best practices, patterns and intuitive navigational schemes.
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and OmniGraffle. Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and jQuery. Ability to build interactive prototypes is a plus.
- Bachelors degree in one of the Design Disciplines, HCI, or CS; graduate degree in relevant discipline is highly desired.
- 2-5 years of experience designing applications and/or web sites, ideally working in a UX team or agency environment.
- Motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment; adaptable and flexible with unexpected changes in direction and procedures.
- Proficient at conducting snap heuristic evaluations and generating alternative designs. Similarly comfortable with a blank sheet of paper and blue sky design.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
This position reports to the Senior Director of User Experience and is located in San Francisco, California.
Download this job in XML format.