Location: Eden Prairie Minnesota
Intermediate User Interface Designer or Principal User Interface Designer
Company: Emerson Process Management
Location: Eden Prairie, MN (Minneapolis / St. Paul)
Position Type: Permanent
In this position you will be part of a cross-functional design team that employs a human-centered design methodology to develop new mobile devices, Microsoft Windows desktop applications, and web-based applications. While your primary responsibilities will be to develop new products, you will also work with the Emerson Process Management Human Centered Design Center of Excellence to promote and support corporate Ease of Use initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as a catalyst to bring focus to usability and good interaction design on multiple product development teams composed of engineering and marketing professionals.
• Develop and apply design strategies and guidelines to new and derivative designs solutions.
• Create conceptual/logical design architectures that improve user productivity and satisfaction.
• Develop and build cross organizational team support for design storyboards, wireframes and prototypes.
• Create and maintain user interface design specifications.
• Apply current user interface design tools such as Axure, Balsamiq, Photoshop, Illustrator, Expression Blend, and Morae.
• Work with end-users and product development team members to gain an understanding and help define the user and functional system requirements.
• Conduct task / workflow analyses of existing and emerging user work practices.
• Plan, conduct, and report usability tests to validate suitability of proposed designs.
• Conduct heuristic evaluations of systems and designs.
• Conduct competitive benchmarking to determine and recommend best of breed designs.
• Coordinate division level usability design activities, direction, development, and deployment of capability with Corporate Center of Excellence.
• B.A. / B.S. in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Industrial Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial/Communication Design, Computer Science or related field, M.A. / M.S. preferred.
User Interface Designer -Must have 1-3 years of experience designing user interfaces for hardware and software products.
Principal User Interface Designer – Must have 6 years of experience designer user interfaces for hardware and software products.
Go to https://psscareers2.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/JobSeeker/applyTo/124 If you do not have an account you will hve to create one.
Download this job in XML format.