Location: New York, NY
The UX Designer is accountable for researching, developing and executing design solutions related to information layout and the user experience for Condé Nast digital properties. S/he is a multi-skilled innovator with strong interaction design skills, user research expertise, and an eye for aesthetics.
The UX designer will apply common user-centered design practices and tools to solve complex design problems. S/he will work collaboratively across editorial, product, research, and technology teams.
S/he will create and present (both visually and verbally) interaction design concepts and produce detailed documentation to communicate site design/functionality. The UX Designer will be able to understand constraints quickly and propose effective design solutions based on product requirements, business objectives and strategy.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience designing large-scale content sites, complex workflows, and framework-level interactions. S/he will be comfortable using web analytics data to inform and defend design decisions and will evangelize UX design principles internally.
• Help define and gather UX requirements from stakeholders/business owners.
• Lead and participate in the brainstorming of and creation of concepts for best-in-class user experiences
• Organize and architect content/features/functionality for new and existing websites and applications.
• Translate business requirements into elegant, innovative and intuitive design solutions, balancing user needs with business goals and technological constraints.
• Create detailed, organized, and readable documentation including concept models, use cases and business rules, personas, site maps, user/task flows, wireframes, and functional specifications.
• Help establish and reinforce consistent interaction design patterns across platforms
• Create strategies for carrying out systematic interaction design patterns/standards across multiple products and leveraging business requirements through cross product design and recirculation opportunities.
• Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are correctly implemented.
• A portfolio of sample UX Design deliverables. Please note that this is not a Visual Design position and visual comps do not meet the requirements of sample deliverables.
• 4+ years designing experiences across multiple platforms.
• Ability to develop simple and elegant design approaches to complex design problems
• Strong knowledge of information design principles and well developed skills in creating and documenting all aspects of business requirements, interface design, functional specifications, user needs, and information architecture.
• Understanding of related disciplines as they pertain to UX (visual design, technology, project management, etc.)
• Knowledge of latest trends in interactive experiences and emerging internet technologies
• Strong comfort level and flexibility for an organic and iterative design process.
• Ability to collaborate actively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• Familiarity with scalable taxonomies and metadata tagging for enterprise content management systems
• Demonstrated fluency with wireframing and prototyping tools such as Visio/OmniGraffle/InDesign. Plus familiarity with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
• B.A./M.A. in Interaction Design, Information Science, or equivalent work experience
Download this job in XML format.