Location: Redwood City, CA
At Evernote, we build products that make it easy for users to achieve their personal and professional goals and to ultimately be 'a better you' at home, in the office, and everywhere in between.
Evernote Corporation and its subsidiaries have offices in the US, Asia and Europe. Evernote is a global innovator that was named Inc. Magazine's Company of the Year for 2012, selected as one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies, and inducted into the Apple App Store Hall of Fame. In addition to being one of the few companies building products for nearly every computer and mobile device on the market, we also foster and support a global community of tens of thousands of developers. We work closely with these individuals to build 3rd party apps, products and services that integrate with the Evernote platform to expand and complement our products and make up the Evernote Life.
About the Role:
The Evernote Design team is the creative force responsible for the user experience and user interface of a variety of different apps built for every major platform today. Winning the 2013 Apple Design Award, we established ourselves as a leader in application design. Our work is an integral part of the evolution and growth of the Evernote brand and delivering on our quest to be the first 100-year startup. With over 80 million users, the work we do has a huge impact in helping people live and work better.
We are looking to add a broad-thinking, experienced UX designer to our team. With a range of interesting design and technology challenges that cross the boundaries of software and physical products, we want you to contribute to Evernote's exciting future.
- Be a thoughtful voice for our users contributing ideas for new features and improvements
- Produce thorough explorations of possible UX solutions to difficult and nuanced problems
- Deliver user stories, prototypes, wireframes, and flowsUse prototyping as an essential tool to develop interactions and flows
- Be able to produce high fidelity mock-ups, design specs, and production assets when called upon
- Perform user testing to evaluate ideas for qualitative and quantitative measured improvement
- Work collaboratively with product management, engineering and design teams
- Look for solutions that are intuitive, powerful, and delightful
Requirements and Skills:
- Experience designing engaging user experiences for desktop, web, and mobile apps
- Fluency with interactive design principles, and propensity to sweat the details
- Background in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or Cognitive Psychology a plus
- Ability to see a project through from initial design to support of the engineering effort
- Be comfortable with short iteration cycles
- Be nimble - you will be working to define requirements while simultaneously designing for those requirements
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
Working at Evernote:
Working at Evernote means having a unique opportunity to make a huge individual impact on highly visible products across every major smartphone, tablet and computer platform, and the web. We are a team of dedicated and creative individuals with a common vision for helping people live their best life. As we add nearly one hundred thousand new users per day, the pace here is rapid but the rewards are big. Work at Evernote and enjoy a collaborative and relaxed work environment, fantastic benefits, and the knowledge that your work enriches the lives of millions of users worldwide, every day.
Evernote encourages a creative, collaborative and supportive work environment. We want to empower each and every one of our employees to make an impact, and our benefits reflect our unique culture. Here's just one example of this: In an attempt to support employees and shorten their commute times, we offer a monthly subsidy for vehicles with an HOV (high occupancy vehicle) sticker, which, in CA, gives access to the carpool lane. We have EV Charging Stations at the office so you can charge while at work. Additional benefits include…
- Competitive compensation
- Onsite perks: fitness center, boot camp, yoga, and massage
- Catered lunches and snacks
- Unlimited PTO and vacation subsidy
- Medical, dental & vision insurance, 401k, life insurance
- Free One Medical membership
- Much more…
Send resume and portfolio: email@example.com
Download this job in XML format.